|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Creates a cube texture from a file. This is a more advanced function than D3DXCreateCubeTextureFromFile.
LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pDevice, LPCTSTR pSrcFile, UINT Size, UINT MipLevels, DWORD Usage, D3DFORMAT Format, D3DPOOL Pool, DWORD Filter, DWORD MipFilter, D3DCOLOR ColorKey, D3DXIMAGE_INFO *pSrcInfo, PALETTEENTRY *pPalette, LPDIRECT3DCUBETEXTURE9 *ppCubeTexture );
- [in] Pointer to an IDirect3DDevice9 interface, representing the device to be associated with the cube texture.
- [in] Pointer to a string that specifies the filename. If the compiler settings require Unicode, the data type LPCTSTR resolves to LPCWSTR. Otherwise, the string data type resolves to LPCSTR. See Remarks.
- [in] Width and height of the cube texture, in pixels. For example, if the cube texture is an 8-pixel by 8-pixel cube, the value for this parameter should be 8. If this value is 0 or D3DX_DEFAULT, the dimensions are taken from the file.
- [in] Number of mip levels requested. If this value is zero or D3DX_DEFAULT, a complete mipmap chain is created.
- [in] 0 or D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, or D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC. Setting this flag to D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET indicates that the surface is to be used as a render target. The resource can then be passed to the pNewRenderTarget parameter of the IDirect3DDevice9::SetRenderTarget method. If D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET is specified, the application should check that the device supports this operation by calling IDirect3D9::CheckDeviceFormat. D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC indicates that the surface should be handled dynamically. For more information about using dynamic textures, see Using Dynamic Textures.
- [in] Member of the D3DFORMAT enumerated type, describing the requested pixel format for the cube texture. The returned cube texture might have a different format from that specified by Format. Applications should check the format of the returned cube texture. If Format is D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, the format is taken from the file.
- [in] Member of the D3DPOOL enumerated type, describing the memory class into which the cube texture should be placed.
- [in] A combination of one or more D3DX_FILTER, controlling how the image is filtered. Specifying D3DX_DEFAULT for this parameter is the equivalent of specifying D3DX_FILTER_TRIANGLE | D3DX_FILTER_DITHER.
- [in] A combination of one or more D3DX_FILTER controlling how the image is filtered. Specifying D3DX_DEFAULT for this parameter is the equivalent of specifying D3DX_FILTER_BOX.
- [in] D3DCOLOR value to replace with transparent black, or 0 to disable the colorkey. This is always a 32-bit ARGB color, independent of the source image format. Alpha is significant, and should usually be set to FF for opaque color keys. Thus, for opaque black, the value would be equal to 0xFF000000.
- [in, out] Pointer to a D3DXIMAGE_INFO structure to be filled with a description of the data in the source image file, or NULL.
- [out] Pointer to a PALETTEENTRY structure, representing a 256-color palette to fill in, or NULL.
- [out] Address of a pointer to an IDirect3DCubeTexture9 interface, representing the created cube texture object.
If the function succeeds, the return value is D3D_OK.
If the function fails, the return value can be one of the following values.
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL The method call is invalid. For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE This device does not support the queried technique. D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY Microsoft?Direct3D?does not have enough display memory to perform the operation. D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA The data is invalid. E_OUTOFMEMORY Direct3D could not allocate sufficient memory to complete the call.
The compiler setting also determines the function version. If Unicode is defined, the function call resolves to D3DXCreateCubeTextureFromFileExW. Otherwise, the function call resolves to D3DXCreateCubeTextureFromFileExA because ANSI strings are being used.
This function supports the following file formats: .bmp, .dds, .dib, .jpg, .png, and .tga.
Cube textures differ from other surfaces in that they are collections of surfaces. To call IDirect3DDevice9::SetRenderTarget with a cube texture, you must select an individual face using IDirect3DCubeTexture9::GetCubeMapSurface and pass the resulting surface to IDirect3DDevice9::SetRenderTarget.
D3DXCreateCubeTextureFromFileEx uses the Microsoft DirectDraw?surface (DDS) file format. The DXTex Tool enables you to generate a cube map from other file formats and save it in the DDS file format.
Header d3dx9tex.h Import library d3dx9.lib Minimum operating systems Windows 98