|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Builds a left-handed perspective projection matrix based on a field of view.
D3DXMATRIX *pOut, FLOAT fovY, FLOAT Aspect, FLOAT zn, FLOAT zf );
- [in, out] Pointer to the D3DXMATRIX structure that is the result of the operation.
- [in] Field of view, in the y direction, in radians.
- [in] Aspect ratio, defined as view space height divided by width.
- [in] Z-value of the near view-plane.
- [in] Z-value of the far view-plane.
Pointer to a D3DXMATRIX structure that is a left-handed perspective projection matrix.
The return value for this function is the same value returned in the pOut parameter. In this way, the D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH function can be used as a parameter for another function.
This function computes the returned matrix as shown.w 0 0 0 0 h 0 0 0 0 zf/(zf-zn) 1 0 0 -zn*zf/(zf-zn) 0 where: h is the view space height. It is calculated from h = cot(fovY/2); w is the view space width. It is calculated from w = h / Aspect.
Header d3dx9math.h Import library d3dx9.lib Minimum operating systems Windows 98