|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Creates a render target surface.
UINT Width, UINT Height, D3DFORMAT Format, D3DMULTISAMPLE_TYPE MultiSample, DWORD MultisampleQuality, BOOL Lockable, IDirect3DSurface9** ppSurface, HANDLE* pHandle );
- [in] Width of the render target surface, in pixels.
- [in] Height of the render target surface, in pixels.
- [in] Member of the D3DFORMAT enumerated type, describing the format of the render target.
- [in] Member of the D3DMULTISAMPLE_TYPE enumerated type, which describes the multisampling buffer type. This parameter specifies the antialiasing type for this render target. When this surface is passed to IDirect3DDevice9::SetRenderTarget, its multisample type must be the same as that of the depth-stencil set by IDirect3DDevice9::SetDepthStencilSurface.
- [in] Quality level. The valid range is between zero and one less than the level returned by pQualityLevels used by IDirect3D9::CheckDeviceMultiSampleType. Passing a larger value returns the error, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL. The MultisampleQuality values of paired render targets, depth stencil surfaces, and the multisample type must all match.
- [in] Render targets are not lockable unless the application specifies TRUE for Lockable. Note that lockable render targets reduce performance on some graphics hardware.
- [out, retval] Address of a pointer to an IDirect3DSurface9 interface.
- [in] Reserved. Set this parameter to NULL.
If the method succeeds, the return value is D3D_OK.
If the method fails, the return value can be one of the following values.
D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE This device does not support the queried multisample type. D3DERR_INVALIDCALL The method call is invalid. For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value. D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY Not enough display memory to perform the operation. E_OUTOFMEMORY Could not allocate sufficient memory to complete the call.
Render target surfaces are placed in the D3DPOOL_DEFAULT memory class.
The creation of lockable, multisampled render targets is not supported.