The SimpleClientServer sample is a simple client/server application. It is similar in form to SimplePeer but uses the client/server interfaces. When the user presses Wave to other players, the game passes a single Microsoft?DirectPlay?message to all connected players.
Path: (SDK root)\Samples\C++\DirectPlay\SimpleClientServer
Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\C++\DirectPlay\Bin
To run the game, do the following:
- Start the SimpleServer by double-clicking the SimpleServer icon in the Bin folder.
- Change the port if desired, and click Start Server.
- Start the SimpleClient by double-clicking the SimpleClient icon in the Bin folder.
- Enter the player's name.
- Type the Internet Protocol (IP) address, or leave it blank to search the local network.
- Click Start Search.
- Click Join when a session appears.
The game begins immediately after it has been created. Other players
can join the game at any time.
Note If you choose the Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX) service provider and want to have DirectPlay perform a search for the address, select the use DPNSVR check box.