|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Sets the static settings of a server with an application. After clients successfully connect to the server, they can retrieve the information set by this method by calling theIDirectPlay8Client::GetServerInfo method.
const DPN_PLAYER_INFO *const pdpnPlayerInfo, PVOID const pvAsyncContext, DPNHANDLE *const phAsyncHandle, const DWORD dwFlags );
- [in] Pointer to a DPN_PLAYER_INFO structure that contains the server information to set.
- [in] Pointer to the user-supplied context, which is returned in the pvUserContext member of the DPN_MSGID_ASYNC_OP_COMPLETE system message.
- [out] A DPNHANDLE. A value will be returned. However, Microsoft?DirectPlay?does not permit cancellation of this operation, so the value cannot be used.
- [in] Flag that controls how this method is processed. The following flag can be set for this method.
- Causes this method to process synchronously.
Returns S_OK if this method is processed synchronously and is successful. If the request is processed asynchronously, S_OK can return if the method is instantly processed. By default, this method is run asynchronously and generally returns DPNSUCCESS_PENDING or one of the following error values.
DPNERR_INVALIDFLAGS The flags passed to this method are invalid. DPNERR_INVALIDPARAM One or more of the parameters passed to the method are invalid. DPNERR_NOCONNECTION No communication link was established.
This method may be called before calling IDirectPlay8Server::Host, and at any time during the session.
The DPN_PLAYER_INFO structure's dwPlayerFlags member must be set to zero.
Handle transmission of nonstatic information with the IDirectPlay8Server::SendTo method because of the high cost of using the IDirectPlay8Server::SetServerInfo method.
You can modify the server information with this method after clients have connected to the application. Calling this method after connection generates a DPN_MSGID_SERVER_INFO system message to all players, informing them that data has been updated.