|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Creates a group in the current session. When this method is called, the server's message handler receives a DPN_MSGID_CREATE_GROUP message.
const DPN_GROUP_INFO const *const pdpnGroupInfo, VOID *const pvGroupContext, VOID *const pvAsyncContext, DPNHANDLE *const phAsyncHandle, const DWORD dwFlags );
- [in] Pointer to a DPN_GROUP_INFO structure that contains the group description.
- [in] Pointer to the context value for the group. This value is preset when the local application's message handler processes the DPN_MSGID_CREATE_GROUP message. This parameter is optional and may be set to NULL.
- [in] Pointer to the user-supplied context, which is returned in the pvUserContext member of the DPN_MSGID_ASYNC_OP_COMPLETE system message.
- [out] A DPNHANDLE. A value will be returned. However, Microsoft?DirectPlay?does not permit cancellation of this operation, so the value cannot be used.
- [in] Flag that controls how this method is processed. The following flag can be set for this method.
- Causes this method to process synchronously.
Returns S_OK if this method is processed synchronously and is successful. By default, this method is run asynchronously and generally returns DPNSUCCESS_PENDING or the following error value.
DPNERR_INVALIDFLAGS The flags passed to this method are invalid.
DirectPlay does not maintain hierarchical groups because these can easily be implemented with flat groups and expeditious use of the group data.Note Multicasting is not supported for this release.