|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Adds a client to a group. After the client is successfully added to the group, all messages sent to the group are sent to the client.
const DPNID idGroup, const DPNID idClient, PVOID const pvAsyncContext, DPNHANDLE *const phAsyncHandle, const DWORD dwFlags );
- [in] Variable of type DPNID that specifies the identifier of the group to add the client to.
- [in] Variable of type DPNID that specifies the identifier of the client to add to the group.
- [in] Pointer to the user-supplied context, which is returned in the pvUserContext member of the DPN_MSGID_ASYNC_OP_COMPLETE system message. This parameter is optional and can be set to NULL.
- [out] A DPNHANDLE. A value will be returned. However, Microsoft?DirectPlay?does not permit cancellation of this operation, so the value cannot be used.
- [in] Flag that controls how this method is processed. The following flag can be set for this method.
- Causes this method to process synchronously.
Returns S_OK if this method is processed synchronously and is successful. By default, this method is run asynchronously and generally returns DPNSUCCESS_PENDING or one of the following error values.
DPNERR_INVALIDFLAGS The flags passed to this method are invalid. DPNERR_INVALIDGROUP The group ID is not recognized as a valid group ID for this game session. DPNERR_INVALIDPLAYER The player ID is not recognized as a valid player ID for this game session. DPNERR_PLAYERALREADYINGROUP The player ID is already included in the group.
The server can add itself or a client to an existing group. After a player is successfully added to a group, all messages sent to the group will be received by the player.