|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Sets the static settings of a client with an application. Call this method before connecting to relay basic player information to the application. When the client successfully connects with the application, the server can retrieve information obtained through this method by calling the IDirectPlay8Server::GetClientInfo method.
const DPN_PLAYER_INFO *const pdpnPlayerInfo, PVOID const pvAsyncContext, DPNHANDLE *const phAsyncHandle, const DWORD dwFlags );
- [in] Pointer to a DPN_PLAYER_INFO structure that contains the client information to set.
- [in] Pointer to the user-supplied context, which is returned in the pvUserContext member of the DPN_MSGID_ASYNC_OP_COMPLETE system message.
- [in, out] A DPNHANDLE. A value will be returned. However, Microsoft?DirectPlay?does not permit cancellation of this operation, so the value cannot be used.
- [in] Flag that controls how this method is processed. The following flag can be set for this method.
- Causes the method to process synchronously.
Returns S_OK if this method is processed synchronously and is successful. If the request is processed asynchronously, S_OK can return if the method is instantly processed. By default, this method is run asynchronously and generally returns DPNSUCCESS_PENDING or one of the following error values.
DPNERR_NOCONNECTION No communication link was established. DPNERR_INVALIDFLAGS The flags passed to this method are invalid. DPNERR_INVALIDPARAM One or more of the parameters passed to the method are invalid.
This method can be called at any time during the session.
The DPN_PLAYER_INFO structure's dwPlayerFlags member must be set to zero.
Transmission of nonstatic information should be handled with the IDirectPlay8Client::Send method because of the high cost of using the IDirectPlay8Client::SetClientInfo method.
You can modify the client information with this method after connecting to the application. Calling this method after connection generates a DPN_MSGID_CLIENT_INFO system message to all players, informing them that data has been updated.