|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Builds a local Microsoft?DirectPlay??Internet Protocol (IP) address from a device and port.
const GUID *const pguidAdapter, const USHORT usPort );
- [in] Local device identifier to host on.
- [in] Port on the local device to host on. This value can be set to 0 to allow DirectPlay to automatically select the port.
Returns S_OK if successful, or one of the following error values.
DPNERR_INVALIDPARAM One or more of the parameters passed to the method are invalid. DPNERR_INVALIDPOINTER Pointer specified as a parameter is invalid. DPNERR_NOTALLOWED This function is not allowed on this object.
The result of a successful call is a valid remote address with the following elements.
All addressing information contained in the object before the call is erased.
- DPNA_KEY_PROVIDER = CLSID_DP8SP_TCPIP
- DPNA_KEY_DEVICE= specified device
- DPNA_KEY_PORT = specified portNote The DPNSVR is a DirectPlay feature that allows multiple processes to share a single port for enumeration. Do not use the DPNA_DPNSVR_PORT flag when constructing a device address, or when making a connection. This flag should only be used for enumerations. If you do not add a port element to the enumeration address, the port represented by the flag will be automatically added to that address. See Using the DirectPlay DPNSVR Application for a further discussion of DPNSVR.