|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Retrieves information about the component at the specified key. Values for the component are retrieved in their native format. If the component key is not found, DPNERR_DOESNOTEXIST is returned.
The value of the component is retrieved in its native format. Therefore, if the component's value is a DWORD, a DWORD is retrieved by this call. So buffer size = 4 and pvBuffer should be a recast PDWORD.
const WCHAR *const pwszName, void *pvBuffer, PDWORD pdwBufferSize, PDWORD pdwDataType );
- [in] String specifying the name of the component you want to retrieve.
- [out] Buffer to retrieve the data stored in the value of the component. To retrieve the size required, specify NULL for this parameter and 0 for the DWORD pointed to by pdwBufferSize. The method returns DPNERR_BUFFERTOOSMALL in this case.
- [in, out] On input, a pointer to a DWORD that contains the size of the buffer, in bytes, pointed to by pvBuffer. On output, a pointer to a DWORD that contains the number of bytes written to the buffer on success and on failure, the number of bytes required to store the data.
- [out] DWORD pointed to by this parameter that is set to the type of data that is stored in this component. This can be one of the following:
- Data is a NULL-terminated string.
- Data is a DWORD.
- Data is a globally unique identifier (GUID).
- Data is raw binary.
Returns S_OK if successful, or one of the following error values.
DPNERR_BUFFERTOOSMALL The supplied buffer is not large enough to contain the requested data. DPNERR_DOESNOTEXIST Requested element is not part of the address. DPNERR_INVALIDPARAM One or more of the parameters passed to the method are invalid.