|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Retrieves information about a device object, such as a button or axis.
LPDIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE pdidoi, DWORD dwObj, DWORD dwHow );
- Address of a DIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE structure to be filled with information about the object. The structure's dwSize member must be initialized before this method is called.
- Value that identifies the object whose information is to be retrieved. The value set for this parameter depends on the value specified in the dwHow parameter.
- Value that specifies how the dwObj parameter should be interpreted. The dwHow value can be one of the following:
- The dwObj parameter is the offset into the current data format of the object whose information is being accessed.
- The dwObj parameter is the object type/instance identifier. This identifier is returned in the dwType member of the DIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE structure returned from a previous call to the IDirectInputDevice8::EnumObjects method.
- The dwObj parameter contains the HID Usage Page and Usage values of the object, combined by the DIMAKEUSAGEDWORD macro.
If the method succeeds, the return value is DI_OK.
If the method fails, the return value can be one of the following error values:
DIERR_INVALIDPARAM An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function, or the object was not in a state that permitted the function to be called. This value is equal to the E_INVALIDARG standard Component Object Model (COM) return value. DIERR_NOTINITIALIZED The object has not been initialized. DIERR_OBJECTNOTFOUND The requested object does not exist. E_POINTER An invalid pointer, usually NULL, was passed as a parameter.
For compatibility with Microsoft?DirectX?3, it is also valid to pass a DIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE_DX3 structure with the dwSize member initialized to sizeof(DIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE_DX3).