|Microsoft DirectX 9.0|
Pixel shader input temporary registers are used to hold intermediate results.
Syntaxno declaration is required
Pixel shader versions 1_1 1_2 1_3 1_4 2_0 2_sw 2_x 3_0 3_sw Temporary Register x x x x x
- There are 12 pixel-shader temporary registers: r0 to r11.
- These registers are used for storing intermediate results during computations.
- If a temporary register uses components that are not defined in previous code, shader validation will fail.
- These are at least floating-point precision.
- A maximum of three can be used in a single instruction.
Minimum operating system Windows 98
Minimum operating systems Windows 98